fredag den 14. marts 2008

Kill the Skull, Sheep the Moon and Pop the Champagne!

Had my second, third and fourth Underbog run today -  and what a blast! I find that tanking an instance you’ve never been through before is a bit like stumbling to the toilet at night without glasses or lenses (or in pitch black for those of you less visually challenged). I dont know the bosses. I dont know the way and I dont know the pulls (and apparently I dont know where to find good guides to instances either...). After a run or two the bosses are generelly down, and most of the tricky pulls are learnt by trial and oftenmost error. This time I had a very nice rogue mark and brief me tactics for the bosses, which helped quite a bit,  but by the third run I was marking, pulling and tanking like I’d never done anything else (and I admit I have). Not a single wipe, not a single death and the mobs were dying on a conveyor belt. Clean, efficient and painless pulls are great, but when they’re executed swiftly and with minimal pauses that’s a really nifty feeling.

Big thanks to some excellent healers and a crafty dps-crew is of course long overdue by now. It’s great to be 100% comfortable with the healer and just knowing that no matter what, as long as I keep the mobs from chopping him up that pally will keep me on my feet. 

That sure muddied the clear view to a level 70 existence as healer – hmmm, more and more thinking. And the trusty MacBook managed to keep me above 10 fps for most of the run. So I’m looking at two investments at the moment. A fair bit of time and gold to level my leatherworking to Heavy Clefthoof standards, and a fair bit of time and gold to level my computer to smooth-tanking standards.

 

Or downloading Clique and Healbot...

 

Ohh, and Morannon dinged 65 – apparantly a level a day is still possible J

Ingen kommentarer: